DHTS will provide the following services:
Server maintenance and repair
Application support for Drupal and Sharepoint
Basic site provisioning (prep work to provide vendor, set-up basics)
Release Management (work with third-party vendors on release of new sites on duke.edu domain)
Training for vendors and end users
Third-party web vendors provide the following services:
SoM Departments/Units provide the following services:
Drupal is the CMS of choice at Duke University, and is the hosted CMS offered by DHTS Web Services. So, Drupal 7 should be considered the CMS of choice. Please plan to engage with DHTS Web Services early and often on the process.
- Integration with Scholars at Duke for faculty profiles.
- Integration with Duke Events Calendar for events listings.
- Integration with Duke NetID (Shibboleth) for authentication for the purposes of authoring and user management. Shibboleth is pre-configured and log-ins are available within Duke Medicine’s firewall only.
- Integration with DukeAlert emergency system
- This puts a red banner at home page top when the system is activated.
- Google Analytics
- Video served from YouTube
- Ability to create unlimited administrator-defined categories and tag for use with all content and media.
- Ability to create blogs and microsites within the site, e.g. for an event blog, investigator lab microsite.
Content migration: any bid should include a provision for migrating content from the current sites to the new site.